Product Code: B2D2960
Titles In This Set:
1. Captain Comet's Space Party - Level 1. This first book teaches children to find the sound at the beginning of a word - the initial letter sound.
2. Nat Naps! - Level 2. This book teaches sounds: s a t p i n.
3. Top Dog - Level 3. This book teaches sounds: m d g o c k ck.
4. Huff! Puff! Run! - Level 4. This book teaches sounds: e u r h b f ff l ll ss.
5. Fix It Vets - Level 5. This book teaches sounds: j v w x y z zz qu.
6. Dash is Fab! Level 6. This book teaches sounds ch sh th (soft) th (hard) ng.
7. Big, Big Fish - Level 7. This book teaches sounds: ai ee oa oo (long) oo (short).
8. Dig, Farmer, Dig! Level 8. This book teaches sounds: ar or ur ow oi er.
9. Fun Fair Fun - Level 9. This book teaches sounds: igh ear air ure.
10. Wow, Wowzer! - Level 10. This book looks back at the sounds covered in the previous levels and introduces longer words to increase children's vocabulary.
11. Wizard Woody - Level 11. This book teaches alternative spellings for some of the sounds covered in the previous levels.
12. Monster Stars - Level 12. This book teaches different pronunciations for the same grapheme, for example the /i/ in 'milk' is pronounced differently to the /i/ in 'tiger'.
Beautifully bright phonic stories at twelve levels. A great way to learn letter sounds and blends, and get ready for your Year 1 Phonics Screening Check. So – what’s so good about this series? The stories are fast-paced and funny: you’ll really want to know what happens next. Zingy colour pictures snap off the pages with more crackle and pop than a bowl of Rice Krispies. (There are even little clues if you get stuck.) Read the books in order: they take you through twelve stages from first steps to tricky sounds. The cutest, most vibrant phonic stories you could ever imagine. We love you, Ladybird!
- Progressive phonics moving through 12 levels
- Bright and exciting stories with bold colour artwork
- Helps children identify and learn key phonic sounds
- Follows the order of phonics teaching in schools